Sunday 9 February 2014

OBDii Removal & JBL Bass Controller

Bit of a "2 for price of 1" type of mod next.

The Focus ST (with key-less entry more-so) are "susceptible" to the BMW-style theft via the OBDii port. Therefore, I decided to move the port so it is a lot more difficult to steal the car via this method.

The panel holding the port it held on with one screw and then it just pulls off, once off the port is clearly visible and it is simply unclipped and moved further into the dash. It is probably best to use electrical tape and tape it up to stop any rattles.

Needless to say I am not going to detail exactly where my port now is, but I will say it isn't accessible without removing the stereo!

Once the port was out of the way, I have now mounted a JBL bass controller that runs to the boot and plugs into the monoblock amps for the subs.




No comments:

Post a Comment